Ovarian cancer is called a silent killer, because the symptoms are so random and seemingly unrelated. I wrote a little about my diagnostic experience here: Symptoms No Woman Should Ignore.
A few statistics to consider:
- 15,000 women die each year from ovarian cancer
- Ovarian cancer ranks 5th amongst cancer deaths in women
- Only 15% of ovarian cancers are diagnosed at Stage I
- If detected before Stage IV, the five-year survival rate is 90%
- 1 in 75 women will develop ovarian cancer
- Pap tests to not detect ovarian cancersource: National Ovarian Cancer Coalition
Awareness matters. It can make a difference for someone you know and love. Please, share this post. Bring these subtle symptoms are so easy to ignore.