“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” William Arthur Ward (1921-1994)
Today is November 22nd. My challenge is to name 22 reasons I am grateful today. I invite you join me! Post your answers in a comment. My answers are below. Please, play along!
“Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.”
Henry Ward Beecher (1813-1887)
22 Reasons I am Grateful Today:
1. A friend is facing cancer surgery, and she will be able to have the surgeons she wants.
2. A friend’s son in chemotherapy has had a very excellent report from the doctors.
3. My sisters.
4. Getting eczema this summer.
5. Those people who have an opportunity to do something nice, and take it. For a moment, for just one person, they are like the Angel Gabriel, delivering tidings of great joy that bring hope for one hurting soul. For just a moment, they are like the Angel Michael, striking a blow against the enemy for a battle-weary saint.
6. My mother, for always backing me up in a fight.
7. That I have s place to live and call home.
8. The window over my kitchen sink.
9. Lucy’s curls.
10. The fact that God gave us emotions, and we get to feel all those messy feelings.
11. My joyful grandson, Isaac. His laughter is good medicine.
12. That God uses donkeys for His divine service.
13. God’s Word.
14. That my husband chooses to put away fear, and trust God. Again, and again, and again.
15. Getting to watch my daughter grow-up, and now getting to watch her and Tim grow a family. (As I was writing this exact item, guess who walked in the door? lol)
16. Having a working oven, even though I may not use it today. (Click to read why this is on my list.)
17. That I can say I have been true to my vow, in sickness and in health, and that Doug can say the same.
18. That our upstairs neighbors are so hospitable.
19. My bed and pillows.
20. That God still heals miraculously.
21. Empty storage containers.
22. My son-in-law, for so many reasons.
Happy Thanksgiving Day, friends. God bless you and your whole house!