Hello, Friends! Tomorrow Vice-President Joe Biden will become the 46th President of the United States. As I meditate on that today, my first thought is a question: How shall I pray for him? This is my short list.
10 Things to Pray for Joe
- First and foremost, I pray Joe has an eternity-changing encounter with the Son of God, Jesus Christ. I pray he come to know Christ as his personal Lord and Savior. I pray he come to grow in his faith and knowledge of God, and desire to honor God in every choice he makes, every order he signs, and every position he takes.
- I pray for his marriage. I pray his wife will be a source of love, comfort, mercy, and grace. I pray their days in the White House are a time of happiness and wellness for them and their family. I pray his wife will also come to know Christ as her personal Lord and Savior, and that she will support her husband in his spiritual growth.
- I pray for his family. It seems his children have a lot of brokenness in their heart and spirit, so I pray for their healing. I pray they are delivered from addiction. I pray they find Jesus and all He has for them. (My Prayer for Hunter)
- I pray for God’s hand of protection upon Joe and his loved ones.
- I pray Joe lead our nation with wisdom, compassion, and conscience.
- I pray he is surrounded by godly men and women in his Cabinet.
- I pray Joe will be sure to protect the unborn, and respect the sanctity of life.
- I pray he will be an even better friend to Israel than any former President.
- I pray he will guard what is unique and precious and divine about our country.
- I pray he will practice mercy.
I know there are a lot of men and women struggling with sin in their lives right now. You are doing everything you know to do, being as faithful to God as you can be, yet there is a struggle inside you for freedom. Something keeps pulling you back into bondage.
Well, if you are willing to give some time to listen—and, you really do need to stop and pay attention, because he packs a lot into every minute—I want to encourage you to check out The Saxophone Player’s video series called Living This Out. He is posting videos about once a week, but you should probably subscribe and turn on the little bell, so you get notifications of his updates. You really don’t want to miss these teachings.
This is his most recent video:
Here is a link to the whole series. Be sure to subscribe and click the bell icon by the subscribe button, if you don’t want to miss a teaching. LIVING THIS OUT!
Friend, you really can walk in freedom and peace.
God bless you today. ❤
Did Michelle Williams just eviscerate the Pro-Choice movement, or was that my imagination?
- Did she just say that her abortions were elective, not for the safety of the mother or because the child was at risk?
- Did she just say that she needed abortions, so that she could have unprotected intercourse with anyone at anytime? In other words, that she used her abortions as a form of birth control?
- Did she just say she aborted her babies so that she could make even more money, and be even more successful, not because a child would force her into poverty?
- Did she just say she had abortions for all the reasons the Pro-Choice movement tells us aren’t the real reasons we need to keep abortion legal?
Or, was that my imagination?
No. No, I think I heard correctly. I think she was pretty clear. Maybe, that’s why half the women they showed on camera looked so uncomfortable, because she decided to pull a Ricky Gervais and tell some uncomfortable truths.