Hello, Friends! Tomorrow Vice-President Joe Biden will become the 46th President of the United States. As I meditate on that today, my first thought is a question: How shall I pray for him? This is my short list.
10 Things to Pray for Joe
- First and foremost, I pray Joe has an eternity-changing encounter with the Son of God, Jesus Christ. I pray he come to know Christ as his personal Lord and Savior. I pray he come to grow in his faith and knowledge of God, and desire to honor God in every choice he makes, every order he signs, and every position he takes.
- I pray for his marriage. I pray his wife will be a source of love, comfort, mercy, and grace. I pray their days in the White House are a time of happiness and wellness for them and their family. I pray his wife will also come to know Christ as her personal Lord and Savior, and that she will support her husband in his spiritual growth.
- I pray for his family. It seems his children have a lot of brokenness in their heart and spirit, so I pray for their healing. I pray they are delivered from addiction. I pray they find Jesus and all He has for them. (My Prayer for Hunter)
- I pray for God’s hand of protection upon Joe and his loved ones.
- I pray Joe lead our nation with wisdom, compassion, and conscience.
- I pray he is surrounded by godly men and women in his Cabinet.
- I pray Joe will be sure to protect the unborn, and respect the sanctity of life.
- I pray he will be an even better friend to Israel than any former President.
- I pray he will guard what is unique and precious and divine about our country.
- I pray he will practice mercy.